Friday, January 1, 2010

Snow Day

We had a surprise snow day here on December the 29th.
I was with my mother and had to get her back to her apartment and was caught in the first part that was bad enough that Brian called and offered to come pick me up...
but I was brave or crazy and pushed on through and made it to my house.
We ended up with a couple of inches of snow here, which doesn't sound like much,
but it was really wet and made the roads more like skating rinks. In less than two miles from my house to Brian's, he saw about ten accidents, some multiple
and others just cars that had slid off the road.

The next day, when these photos were taken, it was warming up enough that by
afternoon most of the snow was already gone...
except for a few melting snowmen.
Everyone on TV the radio seemed to have a snow story to share
with some people stuck in traffic for four hours and more to go less than 20 or 30 miles.
It made me feel lucky to only have had my 30/40 minutes or so to go about five miles and only a very short time of that on the freeway- which was locked up until late into the evening.





I forgot to post this on Christmas and decided it was too good of a
rockin' wheel shot not to share.
hope your holidays were good ~


No comments:

Post a Comment